Get 10% off all streaming videos! Discount is automatically applied at checkout.
Our skeletal system gives our body the basic form through which we locomote through space, act on the environment, and sculpt and create the energy forms in space that we call movement. Through embodying the skeletal system, the mind becomes structurally organized, providing the supporting ground for our thoughts, the leverage for ideas, and the fulcrums or spaces between our ideas for the articulation and understanding of their relationships.
Embodiment of the skeletal system provides the foundation for the psychophysical qualities of clarity, effortlessness, and form.
This video is one of a series of three videos on the Skeletal System including Lower Limbs, Upper Limbs, and Axial Skeleton. It presents key Body-Mind Centering® principles that bring ease, flexibility, and strength by embodying the bones and joints of the upper limbs from the hands to the shoulder girdle and ribs through movement and consciousness.
Embodying the bones and joints of the upper limbs from the hands to the shoulder girdle and ribs, including sections on the bones of the hands, ulnar disk, radius and ulna, elbow, humerus, windmill action of the scapula, freeing the rubs, finger relationships to shoulder girdle and ribs and working with the layers of bone.
DVD Set • Three discs; 4 hours 54 minutes
Streaming Video • 4 hours 54 minutes; English subtitles
This video contains the following chapters (click here for a printable list
- Bones of the Hand
- Pulsation of the Palm of the Hand
- Ulnar Disk
- Radius and Ulna
- Bonnie Working with a Student's Elbow
- Windmill (of Wheel) Action of the Scapula
- Relationship of Individual Fingers with the Shoulder Girdle
- Relationship of the Sternum with the Ribs
- Sterno-Clavicular Disk
- Freeing the Ribs Part 1
- Differentiating the Clavicle and Ribs
- Freeing the Ribs Part 2
- Demonstrating the Articulation of the Floating Ribs in Support of the Spine
- Relationship of the Individual Fingers with the Shoulder Girdle and Ribs
- Fingers to Ribs Exploration
- Working with the Layers of Bone
- Working with the Hands to Support Circulation
- Excerpts on the Philosophy of Embodiment