Get 20% off all streaming courses through December 14! Discount is automatically applied at checkout.
Ligaments set the boundaries of movement between the bones. They coordinate and guide muscular responses by directing the paths of movement between the bones and provide specificity, clarity, and efficiency for the alignment and movement of the bones.
Actively engaged ligaments underlie specific and effortless movement of joints. Ligaments support the psychophysical quality of detailed specificity.
This course presents key Body-Mind Centering® principles that bring ease, flexibility, and strength by embodying the ligamentous system through movement and consciousness.
These principles can be applied to yoga, dance, bodywork, somatic psychology, and other somatic movement practices.
Embodying the ligamentous system with sections on: explorations of the ligaments; finding the spiraling action of ligaments; ligaments of the hands, forearms, and elbows; ligaments of the shoulders and shoulder girdles; ligaments of the ribs and spine; ligaments of the pelvis and hips; ligaments of the knees, forelegs, and feet; differentiating flesh and bone; and the embryological development of the ligaments.
DVD Set • Six discs; 8 hours 41 minutes
Streaming Video • 8 hours 41 minutes; English subtitles
This course contains the following chapters (click here for a printable list):
Disc 1: Ligamentous System
- Introduction to the Ligamentous System
- Finding the Spiral of Ligaments
- Capsular Ligaments)
- Synovial Joints
- Ligaments of the Fingers
- Connecting with the Ligaments of the Hands
Disc 2: Ligamentous System
- Ulnar Discs
- Ligaments of the Forearm
- Ligaments of the Elbows
- Bonnie Working with a Student's Elbow
Disc 3:Ligamentous System
- Ligaments of the Shoulders and Shoulder Girdles
- Bonnie Working with a Student's Shoulder
- Ligaments of the Ribs
- Intervertebral Discs
- Ligaments of the Spine
- Embodying the Ligaments of the Spine
Disc 4: Ligamentous System
- Ligaments of the Pelvis
- Ligaments of the Hips
- Bonnie Working with a Student's Hip (1)
- Bonnie Working with a Student's Hip (2)
- Ligament of the Head of the Femur
- Alignment of the Head of the Femur
Disc 5: Ligamentous System
- Ligaments of the Knees
- Cruciate and Collateral Ligaments
- Bonnie Working with a Student's Knee (1)
- Bonnie Working with a Student's Knee (2)
- Ligaments of the Forelegs
- Ligaments of the Feet and Ankles
- Bonnie Working with a Student's Foot and Ankle
Disc 6: Ligamentous System
- Working with Bone
- Differentiating Flesh and Bone
- Embryology and Awareness
- Excerpts on the Philosophy of Embodiment