REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
CLASS 1 IS NOW FREE FOR EVERYONE!
Trauma, stress, confusion, and uncertainty greatly impact our lives. While we may not always be able to control the causes that give rise to them, we have the possibility to reshape our habitual, reflexive responses in order to modulate and reduce the adverse effects they have on our body, emotions, mind, and behavior.
The focus of this series is to discover innate pathways of ease and clarity. When these pathways are embodied, our discomfort, fear, and pain can transform into an inner realization of strength and calm and a fresh understanding of our potential for a change of consciousness.
There is a dynamic dialogue between our nervous system and our cells. Listening to and engaging in this dialogue can reveal blockages causing us distress. With slight shifts in awareness, this listening can yield increased vitality, freedom, and comfort.
For those who have been engaged in previous series with me, this series will integrate what we have covered in other series with new insights and deepen them through embodiment.
For those new to my series, it is an introduction to multiple ways of experiencing deeper inner clarity; creating a calmer, integrated, and balanced sense of self; and responding to others from an engaged and grounded place.
This Series is for you if you would like to:
Themes and material will be drawn from the following:
Initiate positive, proactive responses to stressful situations
Meet new challenges with calmness and clarity
Understand how patterns are integrated emotionally and physically
Recognize nonverbal patterns when communicating with others
Develop and embody patterns of ease
Cell-to-brain on the same side & brain-to-cell on the opposite side
- Cell-to-brain on the same side: re-establishing the foundational pattern of connectivity between the cells of the body and the brain
- Brain-to-cell on the opposite side: integrating the two sides of the body with the two halves of the brain
Space holds the information: the process of embodiment is the process of space recognizing itself
- Calibrating spatial organization in relation to the notochord, our embryological vertical axis and the central organizing unit of the embryo
- The midline is the meeting place of the two halves of the body and of the brain
- The knowing of each side of itself creates the possibility of knowing oneself
- Crossing the midline integrates the two sides of the body and the halves of the brain and the possibility of knowing other
- Midline orientation is the transitional space between bodyhalf homolateral movements and diagonal contralateral movements
- Radial symmetry revolves around the navel (umbilical) axis & bisymmetry revolves around the spine our central vertical axis
When we move as a united whole, micromovements travel throughout the entire body
- Micromovements provide the foundation and subtlety of cellular vitality and the flow of postural tone that underlies fluidity of movement through space
- We learn to balance by falling; centering is a dynamic state of mobile stability and stable mobility
- We receive nourishment through the front of the body (endoderm/frontbody); we receive protection through the back of the body (ectoderm/backbody). Our structures evolve through the dialogue between nourishment and protection
- Sensory information flows in through the back of the spinal cord and brain; motor information flows out through the front of the spinal cord and brain
- The heart and blood vessels are one continuous organ of fluid strength and communication
The nervous system is our neural organ – our organ of perception
- The brain and spinal cord are the central neural organ – the unified inner organ of perception
- The peripheral nerves are the outer limbs of the organ of perception
- The brain is the last to know, but once something is recognized by the brain, it is organized into underlying whole-body patterns
The heart is the center of our organ of compassion; the brain is the center of our organ of perception
- The heart guides the brain; the brain follows the heart
- Bowing integrates the mind of compassion and wisdom through the heart and brain
Bonnie will share insights and principles drawn from her more than 50 years of pioneering work in an embodied approach to anatomy, developmental movement, embryological development, and psychophysical integration. In each class, cellular consciousness guides our explorations.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course. Participants should have some experience with movement practices, somatic approaches, or psychophysical disciplines. No previous experience with Body-Mind Centering® is necessary.
Join Bonnie with a sense of curiosity and inquiry about movement, the body, and consciousness.
- 8 live classes
- unlimited access to the class recordings, even after the Series is over
- class materials
- access to study groups
Bonnie may return to the same material in some classes and present it again from different perspectives. The specific principles explored in each class can be helpful, even life changing, in themselves, but the essence that Bonnie would like to transmit is that there is a way to learn, a way to access your body and mind, a way to relate to yourself and others that emerges from the deeply rooted knowing of your cells.
This essence is not a one-time exposure to a piece of information – it is a practice in a way of perceiving through which you learn from your own cellular experience. Exploring the material in between classes is an important way to continue your practice and deepen your embodiment and understanding.
January 25, 2024
February 1, 2024
February 8, 2024
February 15, 2024
February 22, 2024
February 29, 2024
March 7, 2024
March 14, 2024TIME
11:00 am - 12:30 pm (California Time)CLASS RECORDINGS
Classes will be recorded and made available through online streaming. All class recordings will be available to participants indefinitely. They can be accessed at any time, as many times as you would like, even after the 2024 Winter Series is over.PAY FROM THE HEART SCHOLARSHIP AND PAYMENT PLANS
We would like everyone to be able to attend Bonnie’s 2024 Winter Series, regardless of financial situation. Payment plans and scholarships are available.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Have questions? Answers to many frequently asked questions about Bonnie’s 2024 Winter Series can be found here.